NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught this pig a few days ago on a wave worm tiki stik wacky rigged, it was 4 lb's 12 oz. I actually met someone there who recognized me from ncangler and we were talking about the big bass we've caught out of here. I caught two other good bass that were 2 lb's. If you couldn't tell by all of the screaming and shouting, I get really excited when I catch big bass lol!

Here's the videos!

[video=youtube;Vm_ZKyQDMWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_ZKyQDMWg[/video]

[video=youtube;fB34uOe3cEg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB34uOe3cEg[/video]

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice fish. Keeping that rod tip down when reeling her in will help keep her from jumping out of the water and flinging that hook out. :)
Thanks, I know. Not really sure why I keep my rod straight up when I fight these big bass, guess it's just the heat of the moment and I'm not thinking. I usually put the tip down, sometimes into the water just to try to keep the fish in the water because I hate it when they leave the water; it looks cool lookin' but it's a heart stopper lol!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've lost a couple when they jumped, mostly crankbaits. I suspect it had more to do with trebles not settings than anything. I've lost more with a low rod tip and running out of room on the shore. Changing the rod from left to right seems a good way to unhook fish from 20' out. Drat.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Let one jump and fling that EWG hook and then answer that question. :)
In my opinion, the final stage in becoming a fisherman is just getting out, relaxing, and having a good time. Catching a fish is just icing on the cake. If I hook a fish, and the hooks come undone, so what, it was exciting anyways. Its not all about getting fish to the bank as quick as possible, atleast not to me. Give the fish a fighting chance c'mon. now if you are in a tourney, then ofcourse things would be different.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice one bud. Did you finish that camo rod we reamed those grips for? I couldn't tell in the video if that's the rod you are using or not
I finished that thing a month ago. I let a really good friend of mine buy it because he liked it so much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts