NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I have wanted to learn to fly fish for sometime now but just never got to it. Well for Xmas this year got a fly rig and want to learn to use it. Have one video and have been to some web sights. I have even gone out and practiced casting for awhile. (not as easy as it looks) I was wondering if there was some place that has instruction or the such?:confused:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
The first Fly Fishing Clinic at Lake Rim is on January 12th. That's a good place to start with plenty of one on one assistance.

Checkout Tarheel Fish & Game, Keith Gallaher sometimes give some casting instruction at their location on Raeford Road.

Also, I would be happy to get with you and help you get started.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I was thinking the same thing . Tryed to contack the fishing center at Rim Lake but they were closed for the Holidays, and had the same idea about checking with Tarheel Fish&Game, Iwas in there today as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Deepblu, I have been flyfishing for a few years now I`m not a purist by any means, but when you make that first perfect cast you`ll be hooked.Any flyfisher can teach you the mechanics of the cast, but you won`t feel comfortable until that feeling and that lightbulb comes on and you say.ohhh yeaaaa .......mark

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I'll be going to the clinic on the 12th of January myself. Hope to see ya there.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have just signed up for the Jan 26 fly fishing clinic. Would have gone to the one on the 12th but the Bass and Salt Water Expo in Raliegh is that weekend.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I have just signed up for the Jan 26 fly fishing clinic. Would have gone to the one on the 12th but the Bass and Salt Water Expo in Raliegh is that weekend.
Please stop by and introduce yourself to Randy and myself at the expo. The NC Angler booth is in the Jim Graham building close to the Saltwater Seminar area. We'll be signing folks up for the web site as well as having some products for sale from our eStore.

I hope to meet you and and a lot of our other members at the show!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will be sure to meet you at the expo , looking forward to it. The breakfast at the Ihop before the clinic sounds good to me. Looking forward to meeting you at the clinic as well as other FAAN members.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Thanks I was thinking the same thing . Tryed to contack the fishing center at Rim Lake but they were closed for the Holidays, and had the same idea about checking with Tarheel Fish&Game, Iwas in there today as a matter of fact.

Deep,
Try YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. they have a lot if casting help. I got a lot of info for tying also......... ED

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.