NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know my wife had a ruptured disc fixed DEC 5th and has been slow to mend from what was supposed to be a pretty mild surgery as backs go. Sunday about 2am I hear her scream in pain and find her gripping the bed in agony begging me to make it stop hurting.. Talk about a helpless feeling! I got her up and got her repositioned in the bed as best I could and "talked her down" to calm her. I loaded her up with meds and got through the night sitting in a chair watching her until I could get a call from her surgeon.( Who I then found out the next morning has LEFT the practice!) Did new MRIs this morning and the DRs say she has burst the vertabrae..(How, we have NO clue) So she is now going to have to have a more invasive surgery and be out of work 6-8 unexpected and un-compensated weeks!! She is worried sick and in pain and I am just one man doing the best I can. 2007 was hard and 2008 so far isnt looking so good but chin up, I'm moving forward. Keep her in your prayers, we need all the support we can get. I pray they get it right this time because I really question the quality of the last surgery! But I cant prove it, so I just have to hope for the best.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Drop thats rotten news and so danged unfair for both of you. You are too nice of a fellow as is she to have such bad luck. I hope and pray they will get it right this time. My sister in Charleston will have her 9th back surgery next week with a second steel rod going into in the back.

Tell your wife we will keep her in our prayers. Keep us informed please.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Ditto, I wish both of you the best.. and if you have to.. get her to the emergency room if you have too... Do what you can brother, it's the only thing you can do. Sux and sorry to hear your situation.

Crazy 08.... already...

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
but chin up, I'm moving forward.
You go Drop!

It looked like a good idea to get all of your patients back on their feet for 2008, but I guess that wasn't the master plan. Praying for both of you that it really is only 6-8 weeks, that her pain can be minimized during the process, that her recovery be full and that you can keep your chin up and keep moving forward.

Please keep us updated so we can continue with prayers and support.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wife's back injury taking a turn for the worse. I pray that she will have immediate relief from the pain and long term, permanent healing of her back.

Hang in there Drop - we are praying for you too!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I`m sorry to here about your wife Drop,sometimes the best laid plans are mislaid.I have spent several nights in a chair sitting by my wife .You do feel helpless but often times her just knowing your there for her gives her comfort, if not physical then emotional.Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.....mark

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wife's setback. You are both in my prayers. I know from experience that being the caretaker is often harder than being the patient. You seem to have the right attitude. Keep that chin up, do what you gotta do and the Good Lord will see you through.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am so very pleased to report that Lisa came out of surgery/recovery with a smile on her face and tears in her eyes because she was almost without PAIN! Surgeon said she had a fragment of vertebrae almost the size of a big toenail clipping wedged into her nerve bundle. He had never seen a nerve as swollen and irritated without a major impact collision. As he had promised, releif was immediate and she will probably come home tomorrow. She wanted me to thank everyone for their kind wishes and prayers. She truly feels they made a difference.. Thanks Gang! and God Bless!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Glad to hear that Sundrop. I know you and your wife feel a lot better my continued prayers are with both of you for a quick and full pain free recovery.

Reactions: sundrop
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.