NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just found this site....and I have to say I have visited less than 10% of it. Look forward to visiting more of it in the future. Lots of great information.

My name is Erick and I have moved back to NC after a 15 year absence. I spent the first 28 years here. Grew up in Wilson, attended NC State, lived in Wilmington. Grew up surf casting the shores of VA Beach, Topsail (house was right down from the old Dolphin Pier, is that still standing?), Atlantic Beach and Wrightsville. Now living with my family in Concord working with TIAA-CREF in Charlotte.

Most of the last 15 years have been down in Florida where I have spent most of my time fishing from a kayak. Took up that sport 9 years ago when I bought my first kayak for fishing. And I have been fairly active in kayak fishing since. Fished mostly for redfish (I always called them puppy drum growing up here), trout and snook. A little tarpon fishing and some freshwater bass fishing. And I love fly fishing for mountain trout, so I am happy to be back closer to that.

But my passion is kayak fishing....and I am looking forward to exploring both saltwater and freshwater in NC to feed that addiction. If anyone in this area wants to get out, please let me know. And I hope to get down to the Coast very soon. Look forward to learning about all the fishing opportunities here in NC and hope to meet some of you out on the water.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome "home" We have quite an armada of kayakers here and it is growing with haste!! I look forward to your reports.. Puppy Drum is a common term here as well as redfish. Use both in our "search" function and you can school quickly on how we do it around here! :)

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Erick,
Good to meet you and glad you found us. Also, thanks for saving me the trouble of telling you about the map!

Keep your antennae out for kayak trip announcements. Our Kayak fishing contingent is probably concentrated heaviest here in the Triangle, but we've got dots all over and a good number get out for coastal road trips.

The best way to not get forgotten is to stay active - post reports, post pics, ask questions, etc... Hope to hear more from kayaks in your part of the state...

PS - which model year Ride do you have?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Don't forget Lake Norman outside Charlotte is a great freshwater place too. Just forget weekends!..LOL

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome erayyak,
This is my first year kayak fishing and it's great; so far I have only fished here in the Triad. I look forward to joining up with some of the other kayakers who post here regularly. Ken in Greensboro

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard. I hope you find the fishing better than when you left. I guess you've noticed that it is easier to transport a kayak long distances than making the same journey with a powerboat. Especially in the heat of summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.