NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys look at the picture of the deck that I made for my adventure Island. I use it to keep small tools and things plus measure fish. Next week will be the first time I've tested it on inshore and hopefully offshore water.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Do the other side and it will sleep two people. They don't have to be real friendly either.:D Really it looks nice. Be careful not to hook it though. It might not want to let go of a treble hook. It would be a shame to rip it. We wouldn't say anything about a little tear if there was a nice blackfin laying up there.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do the other side and it will sleep two people. They don't have to be real friendly either.:D Really it looks nice. Be careful not to hook it though. It might not want to let go of a treble hook. It would be a shame to rip it. We wouldn't say anything about a little tear if there was a nice blackfin laying up there.
Your right a better be careful. Hope it doesn't catch fish hooks any quicker than my hand does.:eek:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Your right a better be careful. Hope it doesn't catch fish hooks any quicker than my hand does.:eek:
Don't know, maybe you DO want it to catch the hooks before your hand gets 'em... It'd be less painful that way...

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Actually that brings up a good point. If you check out the saltwater trolling lure selections about the only ones that have trebles are swimming type plugs that were originally designed for freshwater fishing and grew up. Trebles hook a few more fish but not only are they dangerous to the fisherman; they can take a lot longer to get out of a fish. Most all popping plugs and chuggers come with trebles also. It is a simple matter to swap them out for singles. This makes it easier to land fish.
If you leave off the front hook all together you can reach out and grab the plug to aid in boating or releasing your fish. You still have to use a little judgement because even though you only have one hook you can still get "attached to your catch."
There are other advantages also...fewer stops to remove grass, stronger hooks, fewer hang ups, more solid hookups and more time spent actually fishing.
Single hooks really pay off for trolling and casting to a school of feeding fish. Weedless jigs can be very effective trolling lures for the kayaker. They can be rigged with soft plastics, live baits or just plain bucktails.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Nice platform! Using single wire hooks will enable you to pull steady if hung and bend the hook loose to retrieve your lure as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.