NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a fishing kayak for Christmas and the closest river to me besides the cape fear is the lower little river. has anyone floated and fished that river? how was the fishing on the river? whats the best times of year and day for it? and what all is in it? located in spring lake area.

also found a dam on lower little that looks like it would be good for catfishing. its off of vass road just past the dirt road that take you over the river to the range and lz area. has anyone fished there? seen some left overs that people left there and wanted to know if there was actually catfish there.

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
fishfiend has fished the Little around Troy. I have fished it from 731 to the Pee Dee we did good with cats and LMB in the spring early summer in that part of the river. I haven't bee on it in 20 yrs but it should still be some pretty good fishing.

Darrell

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I want to try the Spring Lake area one sometime. I only have read about it, but it sounds pretty good; standard warm water fishery (bass, bream and catfish). Supposedly some very nice catfish in the mix. I did the other one with Gene/FishFiend not long ago; lots of dragging and the fish were on the small side but plentiful. Glad I did it, but won't go back. Supposedly the stretch upstream of what we did is better though. Not relevant to your Little, but just adding some info for others that hit this searching on the other one. Anyway, PM me if you start making actual plans at some point.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to try the Spring Lake area one sometime. I only have read about it, but it sounds pretty good; standard warm water fishery (bass, bream and catfish). Supposedly some very nice catfish in the mix. I did the other one with Gene/FishFiend not long ago; lots of dragging and the fish were on the small side but plentiful. Glad I did it, but won't go back. Supposedly the stretch upstream of what we did is better though. Not relevant to your Little, but just adding some info for others that hit this searching on the other one. Anyway, PM me if you start making actual plans at some point.
I plan on doing a stretch of it near fort bragg in april sometime. also plan on catfishing there sometime soon.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I plan on doing a stretch of it near fort bragg in april sometime. also plan on catfishing there sometime soon.
"Soon" is pretty booked on my calendar. April has some openings. I am hoping to put together a Black River (link doesn't completely work; click on the Visit tab where it lands you and scroll down to where it lists a couple of boat landings) trip in April but haven't gotten around to putting dates on that yet. Not exactly in your back yard (maybe 75 minutes for you) but something to think about.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.