NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I'm not looking for anyone's secret spots or secret baits/lures. I've got years of experience fishing the Gulf Bays around Panama City Beach Florida and have caught my share of reds, trout, and flounder. My concern (having never kayaked here) is the water current on the out going tide. What should I be careful of and or avoid? I'll be at Ocean Isle from July 19-24 if anyone wants to get together and fish from Kayaks. I'll be riding a Hobie PA14. Thanks in advance for all help, suggestions, and advice.

·
Registered
475 Posts
First I'm not looking for anyone's secret spots or secret baits/lures. I've got years of experience fishing the Gulf Bays around Panama City Beach Florida and have caught my share of reds, trout, and flounder. My concern (having never kayaked here) is the water current on the out going tide. What should I be careful of and or avoid? I'll be at Ocean Isle from July 19-24 if anyone wants to get together and fish from Kayaks. I'll be riding a Hobie PA14. Thanks in advance for all help, suggestions, and advice.
I wouldn't so much worry about outgoing current as I would about the MORONS running Jet Skis,and large yachts running wide open down the waterway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts