NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until this morning, due to family and other obligations, I hadn't been fishing in several weeks and hadn't fished from a kayak in at least twice that. Decided yesterday afternoon, that I was going fishing this morning and while I was at it, try out my new waterproof video camera. On my way across the lake, I noticed that Sophie, my German Wirehair, had decided to crash the party.
[video=youtube;SMm-CiI5zOs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMm-CiI5zOs&feature=youtu.be[/video]
After shooing her to the closest shore, I finally got situated on the northwest corner of the lake and made my first cast with a pumpkin colored lizard. Fish on! (Well, pitiful fish on... one of the many malnourished bass in this 30 acre lake). [video=youtube;Gc6rFEb_4lI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc6rFEb_4lI&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Noticed a little later that the lizard was pretty torn up (been on that hook for months) so switched to a black and pumpkin Senko and caught another small bass.
[video=youtube;qUL0C-eO2UA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUL0C-eO2UA&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Working my way around the lake, I spooked a heron (look up and to the right)
[video=youtube;_MOzs8xt9vU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MOzs8xt9vU&feature=youtu.be[/video]
and then decided to call it a morning and see what the video looked like.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Looks great to me. Thanks for the post. Many a day those small Bass would be a welcome sight!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
How do u embed those u tube videos. On here.

Reactions: wademaster

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot of time. After editing, I uploaded my videos to youtube. After each video was uploaded and published, youtube provided a link to the video. Last thing was to embed those video links using the icon that looks like a two frame film strip. It wraps the link with video tags.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Guys, be sure to try embedding your video clips in our new Videos page (click on the Videos link in the navigation bar above). From there you can link to them in forum posts and you'll be able to quickly see all the videos you've posted on NCangler.com in one place. :cool:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the camera off the internet. It's 12MP with both 720 and 1080 video. It came with a variety of mounts. Only draw back is the waterproof case blocks any audio (which might be a good thing if you just lost a good fish).
Here's the link:
http://www.dx.com/p/pannovo-waterpr...port-diving-dvr-camcorder-289495#.U5RwN_ldXT8

For now, I'm using a cobbled together mount that I'll take a picture of next time I'm near the kayak. Basically it's on a short removable pole in front of the seat. I've got a chest mount for the camera but the straps won't fit over my life jacket and I don't fish without a life jacket.
I've got a 16 GB class 10 chip in it. Max is 32 GB and Class 4 is probably fast enough; I've got a 32GB Class 4 to test yet. (An hour and a half of 1080 video took up 6.73 GB) You can set it to take a continuing sequence of three or five minute video clips (I chose 5) and it keeps saving 'til the chip gets full and then starts writing over. You can "save" a segment by touching a button so it won't be written over.
Don't know about battery life yet but you can add an external power supply.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't fish without a life jacket.
And thats a good thing!

looks good Ras, hope to see some more. And I do think Sophie was quite possibly the star of those!

Reactions: SnowCamp

·
Registered
149 Posts
Man that's a good point. I was gonna get a chesty since it seems to have the best combo of camera angle and ease of use but now I might look into rigging something to my life jacket.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Thanks Dennis. I was wondering if you had the camera that was talked about on ncangler, and was from Woot. The one you have looks like a very nice one. I haven't used the one I have yet.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man that's a good point. I was gonna get a chesty since it seems to have the best combo of camera angle and ease of use but now I might look into rigging something to my life jacket.
Just don't do a head mount. I know of at least two people who have lost a head mount. One even had a float tied to the head mount but hadn't tested it and it wasn't big enough... Bloop! Gone! I'm gonna experiment with a life jacket shoulder mount which will put it up at eye level. Gonna put a pole and the bike mount that came with it on my pontoon boat...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have used the chest mount for the GoPro with 2 different PFD's and it worked well. It fit right at the top of the zipper. I put the chest mounted camera on first and then the PFD and never had an issue. The video below is with the Astral Ronny Fisher on.

[video=vimeo;91680468]https://vimeo.com/91680468[/video]

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good suggestion and nice video. Gonna have to get some editing software and start playing.
I think my PFD is a little too high in front but I'm gonna try it next time I go out. Might need to swap PFDs to make it happen.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have used the chest mount for the GoPro with 2 different PFD's and it worked well. It fit right at the top of the zipper. I put the chest mounted camera on first and then the PFD and never had an issue.
Well I'm sold. I know it'll work on the dirt bike so if it works with a PFD I've got all my bases covered. I like the camera angle too. I'll get around to picking one up eventually before the end of the summer.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just a word of caution on the floaty back doors. They will only hold up the camera. Unfortunately they are not designed with enough "float" to keep much above water so be careful trusting it. I have it on both mine but I also realize that it's more for piece of mind than actually saving my camera. The few times I have dropped mine I have had to feel around to find it because it was mounted on a pole that was sort of heavy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts