NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do a kayak float fishing trip around the raleigh/durham area may 30 and/or 31 and was wondering whats a good stretch of river to do it on? I would be targeting largemouth bass, but wouldn't count out crappie, catfish, bowfin gar etc. Looking to do anywhere from 3 - 6 hour float in the raleigh area (neuse, eno, etc). Any info on put in / take out places would be very helpful. Anyone interested in coming along is welcome. If not, I’ll just have my girlfriend drive me and pick me up. Looking to do early morning or evening. Thanks

Michael

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I would be interested in a float. Our local float man is out with a bad wing. Hopefully one of the other floaters will pipe up. We did a float just west of Raleigh on the Neuse. But I can't remember the putin/take out points. And I know they have done some other floats. in the area.

mikeski

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
you could launch just behind the Fall's lake dam area and take out at Buffalo road or maybe even Milburnie dam. That might be too long of a stretch to do in 3-4 hours. I've launched from Buffalo road to Milburnie a couple times. Just GET OUT before you get close to the dam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.