NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been off of the radar for a couple of weeks. All work and no play. The upside being I was able to complete a project outfitting my kayak with illumination for some anticipated nocturnal fishing adventures. I installed an LED light strip with switch, as well as a 6 circuit fuse panel to accomodate the lighting and Pirahanna 220 sonar. Yes I am a confirmed 'rigging something up' junkie. Its obvious why my resume shows instrument and controls technician. Why not just use a flashlight you might ask? What fun is that? I'd just as likely drop it overboard as forget to pack it in the gear bag. Pics finally made it.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Ha ha, we'll have to rename your boat a "Magna Ray"!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It kept kicking me out while attempting to download pics. I didn't think the files were too large. Server has been slow today. Will try again. I think the way I have those lights rigged will be handy. Wish I could get pics posted.
I like that.. The Magna Ray, thats funny!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
well if i see that alien craft coming at me in the darkness I'll make sure I DONT SHOOT..!! lol..

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Slick. How waterproof are those lights? I was wondering about mounting them on the outside of the hull so you could become a floating minnow attractant

What kind of battery system are you going with? I jut got all the parts I needed to build a sleek and removable mounting kit for my new H-bird 535. Haven't closed on the battery decision yet but figured I'd go with the 7ah hobby shop deal instead of the case full of rechargeable AAs. Go heavy or go home!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
My depth finder uses 2- 6v latern batteries.... I have seen one guy here in town that uses those rechargeable batteries from the toy trucks kids ride on.(Powerwheels)....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Slick. How waterproof are those lights? I was wondering about mounting them on the outside of the hull so you could become a floating minnow attractant...

What kind of battery system are you going with? I jut got all the parts I needed to build a sleek and removable mounting kit for my new H-bird 535. Haven't closed on the battery decision yet but figured I'd go with the 7ah hobby shop deal instead of the case full of rechargeable AAs. Go heavy or go home!
I'm using a 7 amphour ups battery. Sealed case and weighs just 3.25 pounds. The light strip is waterproof to the point where the wire exits the strip. I rtv sealed that pretty well. These lights are real tiny. Not like the typical LED but more like a surface mount ic. Very thin and flexible. The amount of light emitted is surprisingly bright. That and the ability to place them at the front edge of my seat (illuminates the work area directly in front of my waist) will allow me to tie rigs, bait hook in low light conditions. 'Magna Ray' rules! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.