NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
K2 lithium batteries

One could pair this with a new K2 lithium battery and fish all day. These cells are full size trolling motor batteries, but weigh only about 13 pounds. Beats paddling, or peddling.
This battery sounds great. Only 13 pounds? That's a huge difference vs. lugging around a 50-pounder. Where do you recommend buying one? Beyond weight, how do they compare/differ from traditional marine deep cycle batteries?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am using an MK 40 endura maxx on a OT Ambush(weight and space isnt much issue). Its a bit overkill but the maximizer function gives me more run time than a non maxx 30 since the motor never runs fast. I can go all day putting from one spot to another on a group 29. Total cost for the build minus the battery and yak was under $250.

·
Registered
876 Posts
You can check out David's K2 Batteries on facebook. He is a local guy from Stokesdale, and he will treat you right. I have seen these batteries in use and they are great. Best thing for yak users, they are about 13 pounds. You can literally pick them up with on hand. They are just releasing ones with 48 amp hour ratings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.