NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever had there kayak warp? Mines sitting on racks in my garage on foam pool noodles. It doesn't get that hot in my garage but today I noticed the bottom had warped. Anyone know if it can be fixed? It's a Jackson Cuda 14' Wheel Automotive tire Bumper Tire Fender

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's warpped about 4-5". I was told it didn't matter which way it rested. Rotomolded boats have a habit of doing that. Just talked with Jackson and they said put it outside in the sun and I will be able to work it back out. They said as soon as the warp is gone, hose it down with cold water and it will hold form

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
That is correct the information you received from jackson . I store mine upside down . And no straps . No mater how loose the straps they tend to cause kayaks to flex . And Jackson's flex . Alot . No worries it comes out . If you catch it soon enough . Store on the side or end or top . And support in multiple places . Even the lightest boats do not like direct pressure in a small area . They can strech the plastic and never return to original (extremely rare) so take steps to prevent it in the future .

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
You can melt a kayak with a hair dryer . Keep that in mind . I have HaD them flex from a Ratchet strap in 30 mins on the way to the lake . It doesn't the long . That's why true kayak straps do not ratchet . They are pull straps to keep from over torquing and warping the kayak

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mack Saturday I put in on the contentnea creek in grifton and paddled to maple cypress on the Neuse in 2 hours 3 minutes. You think you could match my speed in a canoe? 

isn't that going down river? if so, how long did it take you to get back up? I live in seven springs, it seems like everytime i'm on the river over my way i see people kayaking from broadhurst bridge on 111 down river to seven springs boat landing. I really want to make that trip soon.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Yes Goin down river the whole way. I didn't go back up. Goin up the narrows on contentnea Creek would be virtually impossible as the current is moving quite swiftly through there. There are also some fallen trees to navigate. My wife picked me up when I was done as I live 4 miles from maple cypress.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Mack Saturday I put in on the contentnea creek in grifton and paddled to maple cypress on the Neuse in 2 hours 3 minutes. You think you could match my speed in a canoe? ��
No way a canoe could match that.

Too many good spots on the way down....a kayak won't recognize those spots but a canoe goes right to them..

6 hrs in a canoe...the weight of the fish in the canoe makes it a 6hr trip vs a 5 hrs trip .

Mack

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.