NC Angler Forums banner

kayaking around rich's

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  lefty 
#1 ·
well this is my first post ever but wanted to let everyone know i've enjoyed keeping up with your adventures. I've spent the last few days fishing out of my kayak in the rich's inlet area and the surrounding marsh. I throw artificials around sometimes but mostly just slow troll live finger mullet (which are literally everywhere) because I am lazy. In the midst of too many dogfish, Ive managed to land a 14" flounder and a 22" drum from the kayak. The weather has been perfect but the fishing has been a little slow!

#5 ·
It is hard to stop paddling and start fishing when there is something different to see around the next bend isn't it. You just plain see too much when you are easing around in a kayak. You never see a tenth as much when you are doing 25+ mph in a powerboat. That is the hardest part about learning to catch fish out of a kayak....concentration on fishing. Of course that isn't a bad thing, because some of us get a little too results oriented.;)

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.