NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I want to kayak down the peedee catfishing in a couple of weeks for the first time. Going to put in at blewett falls and head down river. My question is how do you get back? Lol. Do you drive the truck down and leave it where you want to get out? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
575 Posts
When I was working in Montgomery County, my boss and I were crossing the low water bridge on the Uwharrie when a guy flagged us down. He was in the process of stashing his bike in the woods near the bridge. His plan: To drive his vehicle back up into Randolph County, put in thw the kayak, paddle back down to the low water bridge, stash his kayak, then ride is bike back to Randolph Co., pick up his vehicle, drive it BACK to the low water bridge and pick up his kayak. We told him it probably wasn't a good plan, because it was already well after 12:00 noon, and it was not during daylight savings time. Best we had it figured, he'd be in the dark on his bike. He did NOT heed our advice...don't know how he made out though.

Yeah, your gonna need to leave a vehicle at the endpoint, or have somebody pick you up.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I always paddle up when I can't do a float and work my way back to where I put in. You have to get creative sometimes, but it's easier for just one person in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I wonder how high the water will be with all the rain?

My ancestors were the original owners of that stretch of river-land grants from the king of England in the mid-1700s. They ran a ferry and a shad operation just below the fall line. Their graves are near the parking lot by the dam. I've been meaning to check it out and fish a little...
Evan Blewett

1 - 4 of 4 Posts