NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody on here ever kayak the back side of Cape lookout? Gonna be a job to take it! Looking for insight not fishing info! Any advise would be welcome? Can we get it on the ferry or should I paddle across?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
It's a pretty long haul. Some ferries will take kayaks for an extra charge. If you're fishing ask them to take you to the "Hook". Be careful, the tide can really rip there.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
If there is somewhere you can put a yak in on the cape lookout side of harkers island you would only have about 1.5 miles to the closest part of lookout. This is just from google earth scouting.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks papadave I'll check that stuff out.
We've got a cabin and the yak will be on top of an f250 with a slide in camper. Wondering if that will be a problem on the ferry?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Thanks papadave I'll check that stuff out.
We've got a cabin and the yak will be on top of an f250 with a slide in camper. Wondering if that will be a problem on the ferry?

Ask the ferry operator, it's the only way to get the definitive answer.
(worse come to worse you can take it down for the ferry trip))

Sounds like a blast! Hope the weather treats you well!

Reactions: RouseD

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
Yak on the top should not be a problem. Most ferries charge based upon the total length of the vehicle.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
As far as guys wanting to paddle out to cape lookout. Look at the link papadave posted. Than click on down east paddle trail map and check out paddle #5. Its oyster creek boat ramp to the ferry terminal on calo. 3.6 miles and is listed as an easy paddle. Its far enough between inlets there must not be much current to worry about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts