NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't complain with the weather like it was today. Started off in the high 30's and finished in low to mid 50s, sunny and little wind except around 10-11 am.

Looks like the lake has gained at least a foot of water since last weekend, hope they hold onto some instead of using all the new rain for power generation.

On to the fishing. Drifted some minnows on the bottom across the old road bed heading out from Flemington. Marked plenty of fish, and had a bite that managed to steal the minnow but miss the circle hook. Probably not huge, maybe a small cat since it put a decent curve in the rod.

Moved on out onto the lake and noticed lots of birds. Located between J bouy and Red Point (?). Birds circling everywhere, but only occassionally diving. Saw lots of bait markes in the area and several large archs, some of which were in bunches. Drifted through there a few times, but my minnows were rigged for the bottom and most marks were mid depth. Finally gave up the minnows and set up for trolling. Worked back and forth through that area up to the submerged bridge, but only managed on white bass, maybe 10-11" and fat.

Still, lots of marks in about 40' of water near, but not over, the channel edge.

I'll find them one of these days, at least trolling provides some variety in what I catch.

The white bass took a red headed, white bodiedSpoonplug in the 15' depth Had another hit on a deep red fin, but did not connect.

Came back in and had plenty of water to motor on to the trailer at about 2:30 pm.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE:D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Thanks for the report. I wonder how the upcoming overnight 20's will effect things? Might get us back in the pattern for this time of year..

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey Shem,

Fisherjon and I probably breezed right by you. We put in at Flemmingtown and cruised down toward Satterwhite where all the boats were and half tried for some crappie back in a cove. Spent most of out time tooling around spotting out brush piles for spring. Nice day, but no luck fishing.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be, I noticed a few boats in the distance, and a small fleet (4-5) fishing across the lake from Satterwhite (figured they were either crappie or catfishing, since they were not trolling).

Also got passed on the main lake a couple of times by a Tracker, as well as the Parker I played tag with in the morning and a CC bigger than mine near Satterwhite Point in the afternoon.

What were you all driving? I passed three people in a jon on my way back in while I was following a walk around near the marina before I had room to open up again.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sounds like we were definately in the same area. It was just Fisherjon and me in an OLD light blue V-hull Starcraft. I noticed someone fishing about the power line at Flemingtown around 1:30, but gave them wide enough birth that I couldn't distinguish the boat. Guess I ought to start taking better note of such things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.