NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, Flemingtown is still useable. Launched out of the steeper ramp (2nd fom left facing water). There is a hump behind it from where people have been power loading, so you would be advised to raise your engine a bit to clear it. I hit it, just a small scuff on the prop blade, so I assume it is just sand.

Fairly sunny and ranged from calm to mirror calm today on the water. Only fish of the day came early, picked up a 3-4 lb largemouth at the Diamond Shoals. He took a Rapala (their version of a rattletrap) in the one ounce size, red head and white body.

Ran all the way up to just south of the bridges at Clarksbville, VA. Trolled there for an hour or two, lots of marks, not a hit. Chased the birds up there twice, did not see any fish under them. lots of boats up there.

Ran back down to the dam area and trolled from A to #2 marker, also no hits. Ran from there back to the shoals, no hits, then came back in. Nobody I talked to seemed to be catching anything.

Still, beautiful day on the water and about 40 miles round trip on the water. Furthest I've ever run on Kerr, doubt I'll do it again, but wanted to see what the area looked like up there.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Nice fish! and look at that "Glassy" water!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.