NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I say, skunked again, not even a nibble.

That makes 2 weeks in a row trying down by Satterwhite in Nutbush. There may be fish there (I see them on the finder and people say they are catching them) but for the life of me I can't get them to hit.

Started out with minnows on the bottom in water from 20' to 40', mainly across from Satterwhite. Light wind, so the drift was very slow. Marked fish, but they were mid depth, little to nothing on the bottom. Went to trolling about 11:30 or so and ran down to within sight of Nutbush bridge, hugging the 25' contour with some excursions a little deeper or shallower. Bounced bottom every so often. Once again, marked single fish and some small bait balls, but very few of them. Once I made it back up to the 2nd bouy above Satterwhite I switched back to bait and tried by the fishing pier in 40' of water. Nothing there. I heard a few fish caught over the VHF, but think they were probably cats way up lake. 8' antenna on top of a t-top has one heck of a reach to it.

Oh well, it warmed up quick, the wind stayed light, and overall if was a nice day on the water. Met member Fisherjon on the way back in as he was on his way out. Hope he found some fish.

Maybe next week I'll head back up to the Dam / mouth of Nutbush region to try again. At least I have caught striper there in the past.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Shemstreet, good to meet ya today! Not much luck either. Only one bite, a 4.25# LMB on a bass minnow around sunset drifting around the submerged roadbed near the ramp. Tried for some crappie on a brushpile, but nary a nibble. Was hoping for some catfish. Muddy Water and I were out yesterday as well, with no luck whatsoever. Marked some fish, but none biting. Some reports of folks catching white perch or white bass lately (not sure I know the difference) off the bottom in about 40 feet of water.

Next weekend I think I'm going to have to stay off the water and take care of boat/gear maintenance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.