NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much luck on Kerr today. Launched at Flemingtown, one other vehicle in the lot. Weather was cool and cloudy, but really a pleasant day on the water with wool long johns. Some chop on the "main" part of the lake, a bit bouncy on the way back in my little flat bottomed jon.

Tried fishing a brush pile with minnows in about 14 feet of water. Hoping for crappie, but a chain pickerel was the only bite (approx. 18 in., 1.5 #). If you've never seen one, I've attached a photo from a previous trip. Related to a pike. Tried to filet one once, but too bony for my tastes.

Next I found large schools of fish (white bass, presumably) on the leeward side of a point. Landed two small ones, kept one for tomorrow's lunch. Might have had better luck with cut bait, I hear they are crazy for it.

I know people are catching crappie on Kerr this time of year, but haven't had much luck lately. I'm wondering if they are on deeper brush piles, but I'm having a devil of a time locating them.

Happy fishing!

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Good try! Could be a time of day thing... Sometimes Crappie feed best at late afternoon/night....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.