NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stayed in Nutbush and trolled crankbaits on 3 way rigs with small Blue Fox inline spinners (kind of fishdoc). Was seeking something larger, but did manage three decent white perch. Perch were picked up in coves/indentations on the west side of Nutbush, two south of Satterwhite and one north.

Crankbaits were Rapala DT16s and Norman Deep 22's. One of the raps seems to run almost 20' deep. Perch came out of water between 15 and 20' deep. Lost one crank to the bottom (which was amazing that I only lost one, since I ripped lots of bottom today)

Not striper, bass, or catfish, but at least got to see a fish. All returned to get bigger (would have kept them if I had managed to get more like a dozen or so).

Flemingtown packed all the way out to the turn around (where I ended up parked). Big bass tournament there I guess. Annoying, wish NC would limit them to half the parking spots or something, but at least it is not a weekly event. Probably my own fault for fishing today instead of tomorrow though.
Water settled down by 10:30 or so and was running about 53 degrees.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
2 or 3 more degrees and they will pick up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.