NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had any luck out at Kerr lately? Gonna be there for Lake Fest this weekend and plan on doing some bass fishing. Going out of the Mill Creek/Rudd Creek area near Buoy 8.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Hmmm. If the waters up I would say target shadey cool water in the bushes. If its down go with offahore structure and sharp drops with carolina rig or deep divers.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water is about normal right now maybe a hair low, don't know if there's many bushes to be found right now but then again I haven't been to a lot of places on the lake this year.

·
Registered
748 Posts
most bushes will be dry. if you find any surely there will be fish on them. otherwise, I'm sure they've started schooling deep on points by now.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Id look for schoolers and throw a spook til my arms fell off. If they arent schooling throw it over points or structure.

There was a Bassmaster divisional tournament there a few weeks ago and it was very tough fishing from what I heard. Think out of 50 boats (100 anglers) only 2 limits were weighed in the first day.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fished a lot of main lake and secondary points yesterday, drop offs, rocks, etc and didn't manage a fish. Finally got 3 or 4 keepers in the boat near the island creek dam on top water in the evening. Tough fishing

·
Registered
491 Posts
i have found nothing of any note near nutbrush road. Granted this was a few weeks ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts