NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't posted on here in quite some time, so figured I would make a quick report from my last few trips. Fishing has been pretty dang good for me on the upper end of the lake, despite the coal ash spill :(
My g/f Brett caught her new PB, a 40 lb flatty a few weeks ago. I also boated a 58 pound blue a couple of weeks ago....my second biggest out of Kerr so far. I'm guessing the fishing will start slowing down due to the spawn pretty soon though.
On the lower end, weve been catching plenty of 5-20 lb cats drifting, and a few stripers live baiting...but you've got to get out there early to beat the heat. I know some other folks have been catching stripers on topwaters/redfins at night, but I haven't tried it yet this year. Anyways...hope you guys enjoy the pics. Stay cool and stay safe on the water! And come fish with me
Cap't. Redbeard

Attachments

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Awesome! It's a shame you can't tell if your g/f was excited about the flattie, though. ;)

Glad to hear the coal as spill hasn't had an immediate impact on the fishing. I lived through a similar incident growing up on the Ohio river and despite the dire forecasts the fishing wasn't hurt much if at all.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Well done.....

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
What's for bait...shad and Brim.?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Nice buncha kitties there!!