NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm planning a trip Friday 4/3 and I'm just looking for some pointers as to where to start. I was thinking about starting at grassy since its farther north but I didn't know if they were still down around butchers/power line area. I will probably see if bobcats has any big shiners to start me off then try to find some shad somewhere. Thanks for any tips!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Charlie Taylor's 3/27 report

Recent rains have raised the lake level to 302. Normal water level is 300. Stripers are biting well on live shad. Fishing is good from Nutbush Creek to Palmers Point, and from the mouth of Eastland Creek to Butchers Creek. The stripers appear to be moving up the lake, starting their spawning runs into the Dan and Staunton Rivers.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I don't target stripers up there at this time of year, but over the last several years while spring time crappie fishing have caught numerous stripers on small jig/minnow combinations fishing Sandy Creek just adjacent to Oconeechee boat ramp #1. If I was targeting stripers, that's one place I'd surely spend some time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.