NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a couple guys have been paying attention to this forum and a few other sites to assist in our fishing abilities, yet never created an account mostly due to laziness. But after the last couple weeks and not seeing many positive posts on here we figured we would create an account and share some recent successes we've had. The first pictures with the red drums was from friday the 13th with the full moon and with the tide coming in. We caught a total of 12 under slot red drum ranging from 14"-18". It was a good afternoon although it was in the 30s. The next two pictures of the specks were caught after we were fishing for drum at the same location for 5 hours with no luck. We decided to run a couple jigs before I had to take off. My buddy was using a 1/4oz jig with an electric chicken paddle tail, using a slow retrieval. Within the first 5 minutes he had the the 24" on and in the cooler. I finally started getting my line wet when he had another on 10 minutes later. I wanted to stay longer seems how I still hadn't caught anything but I had a kids birthday party that I had to attend. All in all a good day of fishing and I love getting that success from the shore.

Jeans Smile Plant Vertebrate Glove
Jeans Plant Tree Natural material Fish
Smile Plant Sky Tree Outdoor recreation
Jeans Plant Tree Sleeve Gesture
Smile Vertebrate Sky Plant Fish
Water Sky Vertebrate Smile Fisherman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know where Washington is?... It's no where close to there. :D But in all seriousness we pretty much just gathered up information from this site and a couple other fishing sites (northcarolinasportsman.com) on where the fish were at then used that knowledge and google maps to find a place that fit those parameters.... and we could get to on foot. the thing that sucks is because of all the rainmy truck can't get all the way to the spot so we have to walk like a mile from my truck to the spot. The drum and trout are definitely traveling in schools back in the deep dark bottom creeks like everyone is saying.
Thanks, the big one was a citation at 6.1lbs the smaller one is 4.5lbs. Hopefully I will get some this weekend instead of being the net guy.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Those are some nice fish! Even though I have a boat, I still have a soft spot in my heart for bank fishing. Most people get started that way, and the days when you kill'em from the bank make you wonder why you ever got a boat...

But...I do love my boat!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all, something I didn't post earlier was we were using frozen shrimp on a bottom rig when we caught all the Drum. One thing is for sure the fish are definitely hungry, with the lack of bait fish back in the creeks once you figure out what they are looking for it becomes a great day. We may go snow fishing today, hopefully have some more luck.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Right on!! Nice report!

Bank fishing can rock, I know that's how I started and still a favorite and surf fishing, relaxing...and if I want a adult beverage or two...no problem. Add a kayak or two in a month and you're gonna be really set.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.