NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down to fish the Neuse for a couple days and thought I'd stay around Kinston.

Can anyone recommend a boater friendly motel around there?

Appreciate any input.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
personally the thought of leaving my boat outside around Kinston scares the poo out of me..

Reactions: Swampin'

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
personally the thought of leaving my boat outside around Kinston scares the poo out of me..
It doesnt matter what town I stay in with my boat, I always take some percautions. I remove anything of value from the boat, rods, tackle, electronics ect and leave my compartments unlocked. Leave it hooked to the truck or be sure to use a tounge lock. Cover it up, its harder to plot an attack from a distance if you cant see whats there. Try to get a room with outside doors and park right outside the door.

I have heard of some tackle theft rings, they mostly follow the bigger tournaments trails or operate in areas with alot of tourists. A buddy of mine fished the Rayovac series one year and they hit at his motel when he was at Ockechobee, a group of guys come in over night and cleaned out a bunch of boats. Rods, electronic, tackle, even Power Poles. I have heard of the same happening in other places.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.