NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any insight to this area of falls lake?
It looks shallow on maps, but not much info online about this area. It is a long paddle from the closest access on falls lake or coming in through the eno, so i figured its easier to ask than waste a long paddle out and be dissapointed.

Has anyone ever waded this area? most flat areas with so many creeks coming in are usually extremely silty and quicksand like.

Also if anyone is up to joining me for some flats flyfishing for carp, pm me. Things are much more fun with a partner. But everyone i know thinks im crazy when i go into stalking mode.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Don't know about the creek but if you don't already know about this site you will probably enjoy it.

http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/

The last couple times I have been on Randleman there have tons of carp up very shallow and you can see many of them suspending over laydowns. One tree I saw must have had 20 carp in and around it. If you aren't familiar with the lake there is an electric only section with lots of shallow flats that may be just what you are looking for.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I follow john montana and mctage's blogs and on instagram. They are awesome at what they do. Ive been fishing for carp with bait for two years and have grown bored so i wanted to chase them almost only on the fly this year(outside of bankside camping and night sessions). It makes sense, i dont normally bait fish flats, and lots of bait isnt exactly their natural diet. I just got a decent combo, after i learned to cast on a sub par setup and landed my first two fish on the fly. I am very excited to get better at this and hopefully find a few like minded anglers to share company and challenge each other.

Thanks for that though, randleman is a bit far but I may end up checking it out. (Im in nash county)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have never fished that area but I've duck hunted there many times. It is muddy. You will sink. And the water is usually very stained making it very hard to sight cast to fish. But I guarantee there are tons of carp in there. Look on google maps there are many ways to access it. Most of the land around it is game lands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts