NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, complete saltwater newbie here. The wife wants to go to the beach tomorrow and doesn't care if I wet a line :)

We're going to Kure beach and it looks like there is a nice fishing pier there. Does it get pretty crowded on those things? Whats the best tackle store to stop at on the way to get some advice on how I should rig my poles and pick up some tackle? I basically have no clue what I'm fishing for as I've never caught a saltwater fish. Coming from Raleigh.

Thanks!

- Matt

·
Registered
279 Posts
Very Very Fresh shrimp on a simple bottom rig good saltwater hooks (small hooks) and a two -three oz. weight, cast into breakers. Shrimp needs to be human eaten quality...not frozen bait shrimp, from walmart... good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
KB Pier is nice, it's usually only crowded when there's a run going on.. that, or a tournament. With it being the weekend, I'm sure it'll be busier that during the week, but still not too bad. Mostly visitors just walking the planks, killing time.

I would stop at Seaview Crab Company on the way to CB/KB and get your bait. They have some of (if not the) freshest bait available. It's a blue-green building on the right hand side of the road (421). If you miss Seaview, the Bait Barge is a little further down on the same side.. As far as tackle, you can get some at Seaview, but I'd suggest stopping at Island Tackle and Hardware. Once you cross Snow's Cut, it's about a mile or two on your right hand side. They usually can give you some good advice.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
KB Pier is nice, it's usually only crowded when there's a run going on.. that, or a tournament. With it being the weekend, I'm sure it'll be busier that during the week, but still not too bad. Mostly visitors just walking the planks, killing time.

I would stop at Seaview Crab Company on the way to CB/KB and get your bait. They have some of (if not the) freshest bait available. It's a blue-green building on the right hand side of the road (421). If you miss Seaview, the Bait Barge is a little further down on the same side.. As far as tackle, you can get some at Seaview, but I'd suggest stopping at Island Tackle and Hardware. Once you cross Snow's Cut, it's about a mile or two on your right hand side. They usually can give you some good advice.

Good luck!
This is the way to go, both will have what you want & more. ...... ICM

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a good time enjoying the view from the pier, but no fish caught. Walked down to the end and the "regulars" said the bite had been bad for a few days now. Saw one guy catch a skate, pretty cool since I had never seen one before but that tail looked deadly.

Hope to get out there again!

Thanks everyone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.