NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys ever fished Lake Adger? From what I have read, its a very kayak-friendly lake and i have a new one I want to try out. Any information on this lake would be greatly appreciated, its going to be a trip for me and my 17 year old son. We've got access to a pond where we can catch 6"-8" shiners. From reading, I know the lake is stocked with muskie, big largemouth, and some smallmouth but I have never been on the lake. So I am open for ideas, we just want to catch something, it doesn't really matter what.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
No smallmouth.

Mostly largemouth and white bass with a few muskellunge and catfish.

Live shiners on circle hooks should work for bass and muskie. Good luck.

You could also paddle up into the Green River above the lake for white bass and trout.

It is a good lake for kayaks because motor boats are restricted to 60 HP motors and that keeps a lot of boaters off the lake.

Just beware the area around the boat launch ramp is generally shallow and silt filled. That should not be a problem for a kayak.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. What would be good to use for trout? Ive got a couple of ultra-light spinning rods rigged up for crappie but I've never really been trout fishing. Also, is there any additional license needed besides sportsman? We also have about a pound of night crawlers, its spring and our front yard is full, with all of the rain they have been real easy to catch this year.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Any small spoons, jigs or spinners should work for trout, white bass and sunfish.

Nightcrawlers are an excellent bait for trout as well as bass.

If you have a sportsman license you are GTG.

It would be easier and more productive to target panfish than bigger fish like bass or muskie but just depends on what you and your son want to catch. The river above the lake is stocked with trout and some of those trout swim down into the lake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.