NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello kinda new to yak fishin i live in pinebluff an hour or so from badin lake - does anyone know if it is open can i go this week also since i`m just learning the fishin scene could you tell me what would be best - some of you might remember me i`m the one who has been yak fishin since july [ have not caught 1 fish yet ] i can`t even catch a cold - well after you stop laughing please help - thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bubba, first thing you need to do is 'move'. just kidding.....you need some good water and a method. Badin is a good lake as well as Tillery, with Tillery a little closer to you..they are always open.....go out and purchase some 'blade baits'. Silver buddy (in silver and/or gold) is a very reliable choice. There is a boat ramp at Hwy.24/27 bridge that crosses over Tillery. Go into Troy and follow 24/27 to the lake. Put in and fish either side of the bridge. Let the blade bait hit the bottom and slowly jig it back up a little at a time. Lower again and repeat. largemouth, hybrid bass, white perch, and even striper will hit this lure. Try different jigging motion, but remember the water is cold. Slower is better. Before you go you might go to Youtube and look up 'fishing with blade baits'. Good luck. If you were a little closer to Lake Norman I'd be glad to take you out, but for now give this a try. This will work on Badin as well. Don

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
I haven't been to Badin in a couple of weeks, but I was doing alright fishing steeper banks with a deeper diving jerkbait - suspending jerkbaits work nicely in Winter, just fish slow. Twitch-twitch-pause. I caught a couple on a Carolina rig on humps and dropoffs near the channel but that takes a topo map and/or some sonar work. The blade baits are a good option especially since the water is getting colder and the fish are going to be looking for those dying shad

To be honest, Winter is a tough time to learn bass fishing. The bites are often fewer and longer between during Winter and you have to be able to have confidence in what you're doing despite long periods of no hits. If you want to get some practice catching bass from the yak, this Spring once it opens come up and fish Randleman on the electric section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.