NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy fished lake brandt Thursday April 2. Water conditions on the main lake was rough. High winds made it tough to hit some of the better spots on the main lake plus overcast(time was around 3:30). We moved and found coves on the back side which had calmer water. Fishing in depths from 2 to 8 ft. We threw shallow diving crankbaits, chatter bait, soft plastic craw(texas rig), joe fly and spinner bait. First bite came on a joe fly with a bass as big as your thumb. Fish were active on a 2 ft flat ranging about an acre, coming up popping bugs on the surface(a good sign). Ended up finding a cove that ran into a smaller creek channel 2 to 10 ft(6:30pm). Business back here was booming. My buddy got hit twice on shallow diving crank bait. I threw a spinner bait in between two bushes and was followed to the boat by a biggn. Threw it right back on a slow roll and paused it and she killed it(pic). Didnt have enough time to pick this area apart like we wanted because we had to be off the water within 20 mins of finding the spot. Water temp was still cool, im guessing 52 to 55 degrees. She weighed in at 3.17 and was full of eggs. I released her back into her home and we headed to the dock.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Nice job... never fished Brandt, one of these days I'll get up there and do it. Thanks for the report, and congrats on the piggie!

Reactions: BassBro
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.