NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having a club tournament at Buckhorn Lake in Wilson area tomorrow. If you have any suggestions, I am all ears. I have never fished there but many of us haven't so it is a level playing field. I am going to try and take some pics and let you know how we do out there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looking out from the ramp at about your 2 o'clock are some small bouys. They mark a nice hump. Goes from around 17 to 2 feet. Again from the ramp at about your 9 is a nice flat usually has grass on it with a small channel running through it. If you run the far side of the lake back to you right look for an old car and old old road. Nice road bed through there. I put a 6 and 4 in the boat there three years ago. Keep following that side down and you will see one single tree sticking out of the water. That is another large flat. Stay to the left and there is some pretty good stumps in about 8-9 feet. One last place...from the ramp at about 11 is another arm of the lake. Going to the back of that arm you will see another old road. It crosses that whole section of water. I have not fished the lake since March so I am not sure what the water level is like. This place used to be a large pond until the city expanded it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't get a chance to check out your post earlier sgtfish but you were right on the money. We found that hole of a drop off by the buoy and I tore them slap up. I only got one to the boat but it got me second place in the tourn. I lost three for odd reasons but I can hopefully learn from my mistakes. The first one I lost because I was trying to keep her out of the motor and she jumped and spit the hook. The second charged the boat and the line got slack. The third ran deep and got me hung on something.

I am pretty proud of myself for the fact that we were able to locate the fish on a new lake.

I have my last tourn on lake wheeler Nov 3. I am familiar with the lake and hope to get some hogs.

We didn't do as hot in the Nat'l tournament as we hoped but I heard the other day that the VT boys brought it home. So it is bitter sweet seeing as we helped them start their club. At least it still came home to the ACC.

Thanks for the help sgtfish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.