NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right they fight hard, I am hooked! I've caught plenty of catfish in my days but never carp. I think it's time to switch up and target some carp. I looked up that most people use hair rig hooks with packbait and some corn chum. I was using a double leader line bottom rig but most are using single line with egg weight. I'll experiment with both.

·
Registered
462 Posts
In Europe the carp is considered a game fish. There are tournaments held and the enthusiasm there is similar to bass fishing that we have here.

I am a Chicago transplant here. 3 years now. We had excellent carp fishing in the Chicago river. I had days that my catches would be 10-15 carp with weights ranging from 3-20+ lbs. My largest was 26 lbs. That was a tussle.

~JOE~

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe, I just found out how serious they were in the UK. I posted the same photo above in a UK group and immediately got roasted the next 15 comments about why I'm not using a mat under the fish to keep it from getting dirty, and was also called a numpty... sheesh...

·
Registered
108 Posts
There's a bunch of them at Falls lake?? Where is the best spot?
Anywhere above the Cheek Road bridge but especially above I-85 causeway. The Hickory Hill boat ramp is an ideal access point. A canoe or kayak is killer but the shore works as well.

It’s funny how many catfishers fish right past them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 13 of 13 Posts