NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going in a few weeks with my daughter for a GS event. They will probably have rods set up for crappie fishing with worms from the fishing pier. I plan to bring a few rods for myself, what setups would you guys recommend for actually catching something (don't care about species, it's C&R, just want to break the skunk) this time of year at Crabtree?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Haven't been to Crabtree yet this year but was out there a handful of times in 2014. Plenty of catfish which you should be able to catch on most baits, have seen others use hot dogs, corn, worms and carp bait. Stick with a classic catfish bait and you will have no problem pulling them in, a benefit of corn (and carp bait obviously) is that you might catch a carp as well but they seem rarer to catch than the catfish there.

My last suggestion - if no catfish are biting switch your mindset to wanting to catch carp and the catfish will swarm from all over the lake to eat your carp bait!

Best of luck and lemme know if you have any questions

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't have long to fish afterwards as I helping out during the day so I don't feel bad about this skunk. At that pier one catfish was caught just after we showed up in the afternoon and a number of cats/carp caught in the morning at another. Caught lots of sunshine though which was nice. For the girls in our group 4 crappie and one bluegill. One girl was on fire as she had 4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.