NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the Lake Erie charter thing with 4 buddies on monday. Only half a limit, but they averaged 4lbs+. Only 3 of 15 were shorter than 21 inches. Also caught were nearly 100 drum in the 5 to 10lb class, several white bass, 1 yellow perch, 1 smallmouth, several gobies and a few white perch. The biggest mayfly hatch I've ever seen was going on. Land and water were thickly littered with them. I hadn't fished since April 12th as I've returned to work (still recovering from last year's back surgery) and the last 2 months have been the toughest of my life. I've finally turned the corner and it was so good to get out. I plan on bugging you all with more reports soon. Here's a pic of the average eye we were catching casting weighted forward spinners with nightcrawler in 7 to 16 foot water.

G

·
nice, i was there in May '07 ... same bait, same mayfly hatch, it's crazy the guy at convenience store was using a shovel to get them out of the doorway. We (4 of us) limited out both days. Do a fall trip if you can, the females get big like 10 lb.+

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fall tip ghost. I could use a 10+ for the wall. I bet the cheeks on a 10 are the size of a tater tot. I don't know though, those big girls should go back if you could find a captain that would allow it. Where did you go out of? We were a little west of Port Clinton.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.