NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to lake gaston for the weekend. I will have a boat but i don't know what part of the lake.

Any info?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
best fishing is going to be toward the dam, water is pretty hot on the I-85 end of the lake and the hydrilla? is bad. Watch the channels and drops to pick up some striper but for bass keep with the usual hot water summer patterns. Someone with more experience on that lake might be more specific. Cats are there too if you want to "relax" .

Reactions: cnoffsin

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
You should be able to get bit on boat docks somewhere. They may be on main lake docks or those further back in the creeks. Flip plastics, or skip weightless senkos or frogs up under them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would look for drop offs and rock on main lake and secondary points where they might be schooling on bait and throw a crankbait. Also topwater in the morning and evening.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So when I made this trip I really had no cell reception/internet up there to thank everyone.

Thanks as always guys.

Caught 2 bass between the 2 of us and one perch. It was pretty tough goin. Saw one guy ambushing bass coming through one of the small bridges and he caught a couple of good size ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts