NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reviewed old posts with not much luck. Anybody have Any tips for this time of year on types of lures to troll, techniques, or other info to target stripers. Ie.... Night fishing, baits, areas

Thanks for your assistance. I am new to the lake and Will be staying in lizard creek.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I have seen them caught around the Eaton Ferry bridge this time of year and seen them busting shad on the main lake from Eaton Ferry down the Stonehouse and Little Stonehouse creek.

·
Registered
212 Posts
bucktails,on leadcore line two 1/2 colors in water,at 2.5 mph,downriggers at 12 ft, white and chartruse, fish the humps and points, early mornings late afternoons are best now. if you go at nite take redfins listen for breaking fish near shore throw up to shore dark nights are best

·
Registered
953 Posts
10 4 on the redfins. I like to troll them, or greyish stickbaits, on Gaston from now thru the winter in the main lake. The south side in the channel which runs close to the shore running towards the dam is real good. About 2 miles south of the bridge and drop lines. Prolly gotta be 20' down now in the daytime - if they're feeding - 60' if they're not. You wont usually catch alot like Kerr, but the ones you hook are strong fish. Run a stickbait out on 6 - 7' leader off a 3-way. Then on the short 3 - 4' leader run that white bucktail - at least an ounce, if not 2oz, to get separation from the stickbait.. You might pull hardware 6 hrs without a bite, or you might bend every rod in the boat and pull nothing in less than 7lbs. Love that lake. But it is frustrating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts