NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience/knowledge, on the walleye patterns or locations they can be found at lake gaston. Also what type of lures or techniques would help me land a few? Appreciative of any help, thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well go with what you know. Walleye like the cooler water and low light conditions. I would look around the main channel ledges. The deeper water should hold them if theres not a thermocline. Try live bait like shad or herring and lures, such as spoons. if your boat is rigged for trolling I would use shad raps, husky jerks or softbaits minnows. I would try from Eaton ferry bridge and work your way down river to deeper water till you find some. Theres nothing easy about walleye fishing this time of year.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Used to catch them at Philpott in Virginia. Trolling spoons and plugs with leadcore line is productive, but not alot of fun as far as I'm concerned. Converted over to bottom bouncing with spinner/nightcrawlers. Also a productive way to fish and more fun as far as I'm concerned. Haven't fished Gaston, but guys I know have been fairly successful with the bottom bouncers.
Concerning location, it's like any other fishing in that fish move. Ya gotta search and try various depths and speed until you figure them out.

Bottom bouncing technique:
https://search.yahoo.com/search;_yl...e&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-901&fp=1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts