NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I know this is a North Carolina site but I am heading to Lake Hartwell in a couple of weeks wondering if any of you have been on it or anything?
I used to crappie fish Richard B. Russell Lake every year. Great crappie lake. I know Hartwell is just above there and should be good fishing. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I seen the classic, been wanting to get on it the past few years so I have been doing my research on it. Its always nice to get some tips from some people that have been on it. I will be fishing for bass and I will be using the boat ramp there at the state park so if you have some helpful hints I would greatly appreciate it thanks.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Stripers are wide open. Caught several yesterday [6-30] that were 10-12 lb, some smaller, some nice spots and lost three monsters in the trees that were probably 20-25 lb fish from midlake down to the dam. Not much surface action, that has about quit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well not a bad trip to Hartwell really nice looking lake with a nice population of bass seen more fish this week then I have in a long time that was more exciting to me then anything caught a couple nice ones and some small ones but would have caught more if I hadn't got excited and and tried to set the hook to fast def recommend that his lake and I will def be heading back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.