NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on heading to Lake Hickory this Sunday for the first time in way too many weeks. Can anybody tell me if the shad are still in Gunpowder Creek and the stripers are still up the river at the Rhodhiss dam? Since the new baby got here, fishing hasbeen put on the back burner but I'm finally getting back out there.

Thanks for any advise,
Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sunday may be a bad day. There will be a big bass tournament on hickory. Toyota Team Trundra Tournament. There will be about 100 boats for the tournament. But if you do go good luck. Bait is still in the back of gunpowder and around secondary points.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warning about the tournament Sunday. Maybe if I go early enough, I can catch some bait and get up the river before the blastoff. Do you happen to know where there starting from? I'm planning to put in at Gunpowder but that can change if the landing will be full.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Let us know how it went. I was just down stream from the Hickory dam trying to find anything that would bite and hit absolutely nothing. I think they must have been keeping all the fish on Hickory for the tourny, cause nothing was biting in the Catawba or Lake Norman...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fished just below the Rhodhiss Dam from around 6:30 until 2pm and other than a couple dozen shad, a stick, and a rock <yes I actually boated a rock from the botom of the lake>, had no luck at all. I did see a couple of guys catching a few cats but nothing from the stripers.
Even though the fish weren't biting, we still had a great time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.