NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:went out for a few hours chasing crappie. Caught about a thousand of them, but they were all too small to keep. Biggest ones went about 8 1/2in. I think its time to chase some cats. Need meat for the fridge. I`ll report to yall next week. good fishing.:eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what you mean. The last time I went to Houston, I took my little ultra-light and fished a ditch behind the hotel and had a blast catching small bass and brim. You never know what kind of fishing opportunity that might come your way.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Kthomas- sounds like you got into a nice group of crappie. Is there a size limit for crappie on Lake Higgins. I'm wondering if there's a possibility that they may be stunted since they all seemed to be the same size. Some of the Wildlife agencies believe that crappie reproduce very quickly and can become stunted in a body of water when there's too little fishing pressure or predation.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
seems like all the gso city lakes have stunted crappie. But brandt seems to have a better chance of catching some keepers. Also, I think the crappie are post spawn and resting. It should pick up here in a couple of weeks. I`m thinking about trying for some channel cats, they should be spawning and coming up to the shallows pretty soon. Townsend has some good cats, not too big and not too small. Higgins has some giant catfish. But when they get too big I don`t like the taste. And they are too far and few between bites. You have to weed your way through a ton of little yellow cats.
I`ve just talked myself out of fishing for catfish. Oak Hollow this friday. I have a couple of holes there I haven`t tried in a while. Will report back this weekend. Good fishing. kt

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
backlash, There is no size limit at Higgins. And your right, the warden at Higgins wants you to keep all the little ones. Due to there overpopulation. Hard to clean those little buggers though. But I`ll due my part.:).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.