NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked the weather at 7AM and it was 23 degrees at the lake. Met some friends and got on the water about 10:30. Cold and some pretty good gusts of wind kept the water a little choppy. Tried the banks and coves. Only got a couple of bumps all day. Packed it in about 3:30. Looks like hamburgers again tonight. Still a little early though. With highs expected in the 70's all week, we should do fairly well next weekend. Until then..... Tight Lines. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We threw everything in the box. Actually, got pretty excited when I hooked a limb that broke off. Thought I had a Monster Walleye. No such luck. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
You run into any musky at Lake James?

I heard they used to stock them in there.
I spent most of my childhood summers on Lake James and have never seen a musky there. I'm not saying they weren't there, I just never saw one. Then again, that's been over 20 years ago so they may have stocked them without me knowing.:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
My grandfather lives near there (dad side) and he says there are tons of musky still in there. My other grandfather, (moms side) used to be a fish biologist for that lake and the surrounding trout streams. Unfortunately he passed away 2 yrs ago and I have no way of asking him if he personally stocked musky in Lake James.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Hey Spectrum, is that mountain trout in the streams?
We stayed in a Chale' up there off the main road and there was a stream in the back that had these fish hangin out in the calm pools just out of the current.
I'm assuming these were trout...??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Spectrum, is that mountain trout in the streams?
We stayed in a Chale' up there off the main road and there was a stream in the back that had these fish hangin out in the calm pools just out of the current.
I'm assuming these were trout...??
Well I know for a fact that they stock below the dam on lake james starting in April and do it 2 or 3 times a year.They stock the body of the lake as well. When season opens everybody and there brother is down there fishing for them. They also stock nearby trout streams in the mountains.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Well I know for a fact that they stock below the dam on lake james starting in April and do it 2 or 3 times a year.They stock the body of the lake as well. When season opens everybody and there brother is down there fishing for them. They also stock nearby trout streams in the mountains.
That section below the dam is a state brown trout project. Check it out on the WRC site. I float that section in my canoe a few times a year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.