NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I've never been there, so I can't help ya, but I hope you get some fish!

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
I really like James...used to live in Waynesville and fished there several times. This time of year, fish the Catawba River arm with a jerk bait...long pauses...its a good pattern.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Although there wasn't enough time for your post to receive useful traffic, any feedback would be great! I hope you got some fish.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I got skunked - which is not exactly a new experience for me on new water. Conditions were just about perfect and I started fishing during the solunar high. But, I learned a lot and understand the dynamics better. As far as I can tell folks were catching fish in 30-50 feet of water, mainly using minnows (I was using jigs and plastics). One boat pulled up about 50 feet away from me and caught 3 nice bass and two walleye in ten minutes. I'm pretty sure they could feel waves of envy radiating from my kayak.You can bet that I marked that structure with my gps. I'll be going back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.