NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend and I are going to be at the poplar point campground this wednesday and thursday at lake jordan. I have never been there and am looking for some advice on the fishing. We will be shore bound so I know the options will be limited. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated....thanks all.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Looking at the state park map of the campsites, I will tell you some areas that may be good by campsite numbers. Anywhere you can find a laydown tree or deeper grass line, you should be able to atleast catch some bream or crappie possibly some bass. Going to some deeper spots may yield some catfish.

Laydowns- B037, B057, E122-E127, G026

Deeper water within a cast length- B037-B039, B057, C037-C044, steeper main lake bank between the the boat ramp and swim beach, G021-G027

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback! I have following this site for a year or so, but just started posting a week or two ago. I mostly follow the saltwater section but have been freshwater fishing since i was big enough to hold a zebco back in the seventies. Thanks for the specific info Neilslure....that is very helpful since we have reserved C15. It appears there is a little cove of sorts at that site. My girlfriend and her family grew up camping at Jordan and they mainly fished for catfish so I deferred to her choice of camp sites. Apparently E loop is preferable but cant be reserved for whatever reason. It turns out we wont be going until next week which may be a blessing...hopefully it will be a bit cooler then. I will post a report. It always impresses me that people on this site go out of their way to dispense advice. Hopefully I can return the favor......thanks again, much appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Don't let Neil kid you, though...he's a good basser! Lots of time on the water with lots of success! A great source of info, for sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm going to be camping up there next week with my family and bringing my boat also. If you would like to share information just let me know. We get there on Monday and I should have some good information by Tuesday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.