NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted yesterday about different places to take my two little boys fishing. There were several great ideas about where to take them. One person suggested Lake Lucas near Lexington, NC, and this seems like the closest place to me to take them.

I looked on Google Earth to scope out the area. From a birds eye view I could see a fishing pier above the dam, but I could not see any areas below the dam to fish. Does anyone know if there are any public access area below the dam where we could fish from the shoreline?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've lived here for 5 years, but I'm still not too familiar with the area. That's probably why my husband gave me an odd look when I said it was near Lexington!

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the video! another location to my growing list of places to visit!!

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, that's not the type of waters I'm looking for. Lakes are great for little boys, but I like fishing more in rivers and trout stream. Don't get me wrong, I love fishing lakes around the bass spawn in March, but there are always fish to catch in moving water.

Reactions: wademaster

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
there is a greenway in Randleman along the Haw River. Check out NCWRC website click where to fish then the map section, then "any type" and you can get a map of all NC Wildlfe fishing access as well as others.

Darrell

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you!! Hiking and fishing all at the same time, now that's just about perfect. If you enjoy hiking the bicentennial Greenway in Jamestown, High Point, and Greensboro, has trials that run along High Point Lake with several trees over the water and places to cast in. In fact, that's were we'll be this weekend. We'll probably go to Randleman or Boone's Cave next weekend and of course the lake some point in the week.

Thanks again! You have been unbelievably helpful. There is very little information online concerning fishing in the Triad and with your leads I've been able to find the information that I need.

Jenn

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
scratch the bicentennial greenway fishing ... there is no fishing allowed off the trails.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The Deep River runs through Randleman, not the Haw River, if that makes a difference. Haw River runs through Alamance County. Not sure of any regulations though. From Thomasville come up 85 and exit onto Hwy 311 at exit 111 and turn right. Take this till it dead ends (maybe 9 miles) and turn left onto business 220. Go through downtown Randleman (both blocks LOL) and about 1/2 mile out of town you'll cross the river. I think access is just before you cross it, but you can look up/down river from the bridge and get an idea of what the river looks/fishes like. Good luck!
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
My son and I will be out there Sunday morning at HPCL. Say hi if ya see two big guys in a boat! Wearing Duke gear!
Think they can trust someone with such questionable judgment? Just sayin.

ps - Hope you and Matt get 'em, I have to work. :(

Reactions: Doc_Love

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We decided on Boones Cave and the Yadkin River. Good luck at High Point!

Reactions: Doc_Love

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good luck at high point! We decided on boones cave for this weekend.

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Acccess is about a 1/4 mile before the river. Last time I was there there was a sign just past Richards statue. Thanks for the correction Michaelg. Not sure why a said Haw. I used to fish Deep there some when I was working at Deep River Dyeing, and the Haw when I was working at Vertex, Burlington, Glenn Raven, or the old dyehouse in Graham.

Darrell

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.