NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It might be a shot in the dark but here it goes! My brother and I are gonna take our boats out for the 1st time this year on Sat. just to check em out and maybe do a lil cattin!! Has anyone fished either of these lakes lately... or for that matter ever????? Ive fished Lucas and caught a few nice cats, (more of a right place right time kinda thing.) Whats a good starting point for this time of year to find a few nice cats from sunup to sundown.... Ive been reading in the NCWRC about these 2 lakes and Ive learned a lil........ Lucas has white cats and Reece has channels....... which lake should we target.... Im still new to the whole findin em and catchin em routine..... I always waited on them to find me!!! Hope someone can help us out!!! Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Reece has a good population of smaller crappie, at one time it was a great place for them. Never caught or targeted any cats there though but it should hold a few. There are several shallow coves on the right side after you go thru a S turn in the lake near the launch. The channel runs along the left side facing toward highway 64.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup there both in Asheboro... neither are big lakes..... Lucas is around 300 acr. and Reece is around 900Acr.... Reece is the citys raw water impoundment and is in the Uwharrie<?? river. Any how gonna try one of em out and hope for the best!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.