NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my yak out to Lake Lucas for my first time on the lake. Didn't make it on the water until around 1:30pm today. Had a few nibbles near the ramp on a 6" watermelon lizard but they weren't serious bites. In the second cove on the north side there tons of bass in the 3-5lb range all guarding their fry. I couldn't get any of them to bite though. Finally went to the very back of the next cove and caught one small bass and nice one that went 17" (both on 6" watermelon lizard). Any advice on getting those bass guarding their fry to bite?

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have had some luck with a drop shot in the beds keep the bait there right on the bed as long as u can try a veriety of soft plastics from flukes grubd stick baits and u should get a strike just keep that bait in there and keep it up for a while and dont give up on the first cast try a few times

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Go back in about a 2-3 weeks and fish the points on the mouth of that cove's points. Topwater early then Carolina rig later... or/then crank it hard it hard down about 12 feet. The big females were already out on the point...and catchable You had that yak pointed in the wrong direction....the really big ones that would bite without worry were one long cast to your rear. Or you could just take that KID from Cary w/ya and he would have been on them in about five minutes. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.