NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We long-line trolled Lucas Thursday above the bridge for crappie. My daughter and I caught 71 crappie and 2 small bass. One crappie was 3/4 lb. plus. There were probably 8 to 10 that were 8 inches long but not very fat and the rest were smaller. We trolled 2" curly tails and BPS curly tail minnows on 1/16 oz. lead heads, mostly in pearl pepper and monkey milk. There were thousands of 2" shad schooling up there. Most of the fish were caught in 3 to 7 feet of water. The water is down about 1.5 feet or so.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I went out there yesterday and couldnt believe my eyes. Lake is down a ton! Good job on the slabs!

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't exactly kill 'em but we did catch several. I hear the bass fishing has been tough since the water level has dropped. It was actually up a little Thursday from a month or so ago when I fished it. I hear the catfishing has been tough also.

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
I think I have just happened to have been there on the wrong days at Lucas. Glad you caught some, I've always found it tough out there, but I don't fish there as often so I have probably just not caught it on the right day. I'll be interested to know if things pick up out there this Fall

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I think I have just happened to have been there on the wrong days at Lucas. Glad you caught some, I've always found it tough out there, but I don't fish there as often so I have probably just not caught it on the right day. I'll be interested to know if things pick up out there this Fall
Sam we will definatly get out there this fall.

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
Do people catch fish out there in the Fall?

IMG_1613.jpg

Sounds good to me, Gene!

Reactions: Fish_Fiend

·
Registered
118 Posts
My wife and I went to Lucas about a month ago, just trying out a new kayak and fished alittle it was tough for us also. Ended up catching 2 1# bass Texas rigging a greenpumpkin lizard. I've heard about nice fish there but I haven't landed any. Maybe I'll try the fall also.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Glsmith we will have to get up this fall and ill give ya the tour 'de Lucas.

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Registered
118 Posts
Gene, I ready man.
I hope to get some salt water in this fall also, my wife's family has a house 2 miles from Fort Fisher. We usually fish off the wall there and have a good time. Now we have kayaks and are ready to try to venture out in the bay.
Just gotta make time away from work... too much work and too little time to fish

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Im wanting to learn some salty type fishing also. But yeah ill start hitting Lucas hard end of september first of october.

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This Saturday there will be an electric only bass club tournament at Lucas according to Andy that works at the lake. I think he said there would be about 30 boats. With the limited parking, it may be a good day to fish somewhere else. I may try it there tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I was gonna ask if you were fishing it Mike.

Water was way down last week so youl probably have to go offshore for the fish.

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Lucas was pretty tough today. No real big fish were caught but most everybody got a limit. Water was still about a foot low.

14-7 first
13-6 second
12-6 third
12-4 fourth
11-8 fifth
5-8 big fish

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
That's a really close race for the first 5 places. Also a much better best-5 than I would have expected. I have not done well yet on Lucas, congrats to you guys for getting some fish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts