NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Do you need some type of special insurance to put your boat in at Lake Lure? I heard you had to have some type of personal injury rider since someone got hurt there several years back.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you do.

I fish from the town park banks as I do not have a boat.

Caught a giant Northern hog sucker from the bank last year on a nightcrawler.

Hoping to catch some yellow perch (sun perch) but the water is prolly too low for fish to come up out of the main lake.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm not sure about the insurance but I'm pretty sure you need a Lake Lure permit which unless you are a resident of Lake Lure is REALLY expensive.:eek: That's the reason I've never boated there.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Yup, town permit required to drop boat in there. Little did I know..... towed the boat all the way there just to be told by the marina guy there that I couldnt use the boat unless I had a permit.

Nice area though, we ended up doin the pontoon boat tour thing and Chimney Rock thing.

Looks like a good lake to fish, runnin brook looked to have trout in it (didnt see anyone fishin though).

Thanx for the report!

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe what a boat permit costs depends on whether you have a motorized boat or a non motorized boat and whether you use one in the winter or summer. I could be wrong.

The fish species I have found/seen or know are in Lake Lure include: flat bullhead catfish, channel catfish, flathead catfish, v-lip redhorse sucker, northern hog sucker, bluegill, largemouth bass, white bass, black crappie, yellow perch, rainbow trout, carp and smallmouth bass.

Probably a lot more in the lake but I know those species are in there.

You do not need a permit to fish from the bank at the town park which is located just past the US 64/74-A/NC 9 bridge over the Broad River/Lake Headwaters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.