NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Welcome to the forum...never fished that lake but I know many here have!! Good luck!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
If you have a boat, you'll need a town permit to put the boat in the lake.. I know that... towed my boat from Sanford on a weekend to be told I couldnt put it in the lake.

Nice lake, and trout/bass fishin is pretty good from what I've heard. Nice Challet's/cabins in the area to stay in. Some folks fish the stream there by Chimney Rock, but I'm pretty sure you'll need a trout stamp.

Hopefully someone with better info/local will chime in for ya..

Have a good time there! Sound's like a nice week plan'd ;)

·
Registered
664 Posts
don't know where you are staying but i have stayed at a Fairfield Resort there and they had small boats you could check out and my girls caught a few panfish. That was 15 years ago though.

I think the Lake Lure area is one of the prettiest places on earth.

Jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure but I believe we are on the northern part of the lake. We have already checked with the town hall to register our two canoes. I think its like 10$ for the week for each which isn't bad. the power boat registration is so expensive. i am glad I have canoes too.

JOE

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you have the comp fish license you won't need the trout stamp, and missed againb is right Lake Adger has some great Muskie fishing. If you want to stream fish the broad river has some smallies at the lake end and the trout fisherie up higher is pretty good. you might want to pull out the NC Gazeteer and look at some of the other streams close at hand, there is plenty of great fishing close that doesnt have the big pressure that the Broad has.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Sorry for the late post but fish I have seen come out of Lake Lure or know are in there:

Flat bullhead
Channel cat
Flathead cat
Brown Trout
Rainbow trout
Redhorse suckers
Northern hog sucker
sunfishes
crappies
yellow perch
white bass
smallmouth bass
largemouth bass
common carp

Those are the species I know are in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.