NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a friend staying on/near lake lure and thinking about fishing. He is inexperienced and doesn't have a species in mind just to catch something. Talking with him it sounds like plastic baits is the way to go as it will keep him busy working the rod. I am thinking of t-rig worm but unsure of the colors to use for bass and a black/yellow beetle for bream. I am thinking of let him using an old Zebco spinning reel and making a few leaders on snaps (*) for him. I have never fished there so I don't know how helpful any of this might be for him. Any other ideas for him? This will be bank fishing to my knowledge.

*snaps, I know, they are not my first choice but him being a beginner I think that will the easiest to for him.

Thanks in advance.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
If in doubt, I think a shakey head jig with a finesse worm on it would be a great all-around fish-catcher. Whatever is the smallest weight weight you need to get a decent cast and to get it to the bottom. Natural colors if the water is clear, darker /solid colors if it's stained. You can always change up the plastic from worm to craw bait; craws and creature baits have a great presentation on a shakey head. Not much different than fishing a T-rig, but has a slightly better presentation when it's hopping the bottom.

Good luck!

Reactions: Abert43 and zky1812

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
agree with the above but that's targeting Bass. For more versatile possibilities you might want to try a beetle spin. They catch pretty much anything that swims. When I'm carry people "fun fishing" I'd rather catch a bunch of little ones than pound the water all day for one big one. Beginners usually would prefer action over quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.